Raleigh-Wake Luther Johnson, Jr. Scholarship
The Raleigh-Wake Chapter of the Winston-Salem State University National Alumni Association awards the Luther Johnson, Jr. Memorial scholarship annually to a student who attends a high school in Wake County.
The scholarship is a $1,000 non renewable award, paid $500 per semester.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be an entering full-time freshman at WSSU
- Have a minimum 2.7 (or equivalent) grade point average (GPA)
- Score at least 850 composite score on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT), or 18 on the American College Test (ACT)
To download the application , click: Luther Johnson Scholarship
How to complete the application:
- Complete the application online and then print it; or
- Print and hand write the application; and
- Get the required documentation which must accompany the application; and
- Note the selection criteria and scholarship award requirements; and
- Mail by the deadline; applications without required documentation will not be considered
Note: Applications also available in Student Services at each Wake County high school
Mail the completed application with required documentation to:
Raleigh-Wake Chapter of WSSU National Alumni Association, Inc.
Attn: Monica Money
P.O. Box 24826
Raleigh, NC 27611
The application period begins in March of each year. The deadline for submission is April 1st, with the award to be announced by April 30th.
Applications postmarked after the April 1st deadline will not be considered.
WSSU National Alumni Association, Inc. Scholarship
The National Association offers scholarships to individuals seeking to obtain a four year undergraduate degree at WSSU. Please click on the following link for additional information: